Thursday, November 8, 2012

Scrap it with a Song - Our Country by John Melloncamp

We are celebrating Election Day at Scrap it with a Song.
This week the challenge is Our Country by John Melloncamp.


This is a great song! No matter if you are a Democrat
 or a Republican - this is our country!!

I used the sketch at Sketchabilities for my page.



I was really excited to create my page for this week. I used part of the lyrics "I can stand beside ideals I think are right, and I can stand beside the idea to stand and fight"

This election was my son's (Larz) first time to vote. I have tried to tell him over the years how important it is to take advantage of our right to vote.  I am proud that he voiced his opinion. He had to do an absentee ballot since he just recently moved to another county, so I made him pose with his ballot. The soldier on my page is my wonderful husband Mike, when he served our country in Iraq. I will be eternally grateful to him and all our soldiers that have fought over the years.

I hope you join us this month at Scrap it with a Song. You have until November 30th to post your creation.

Have a great day ~ Shelley

4 comments:

  1. That is very beautiful
    hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page! I love the paint effects and all the stars. A big thanks to you and your husband for your service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page,, love the colors you used! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!!

    ReplyDelete